Easter Holiday Safety Tips

   We'd like to wish our clients and patients who celebrate it a very Happy Easter! Here are a few important safety tips to bear in mind:      Easter lilies, day lilies, and tiger lilies are toxic to pets, and just a small amount can be deadly for cats.      Chocolate can be extremely dangerous for pets leading to anything from Gastrointestinal upset to cardiac failure.      Candy that has the sugar substitute Xylitol, a sweetener, is toxic to dogs and cats. It's often found in candy, gum, and some baked goods. If your pet ingests it, a drop in blood sugar can occur and cause problems such as seizures and liver failure.       Easter grass and foil candy wrappers are non-digestible and can get caught in the intestines.      We're always tempted to share our holiday feast with our furry kids, but keep it to a minimum, and NO BONES! An overfed pet is not a happy pet, and bones can wreak all sorts of havoc in the intestinal tract.      Keep the curious pets out of the trash can. It's common to have the trash can out while cleaning up after a big party. Be sure that the pets don't have access.      Consider your pet's personalities. Some of our pets get easily stressed and might be happiest not joining the party. Make sure that your pet has a quiet, secure space to hang out away from all of the hub bub.      Don't let a furry friend slip out the door while guests are arriving and departing!

We'd like to wish our clients and patients who celebrate it a very Happy Easter! Here are a few important safety tips to bear in mind:

Easter lilies, day lilies, and tiger lilies are toxic to pets, and just a small amount can be deadly for cats.

Chocolate can be extremely dangerous for pets leading to anything from Gastrointestinal upset to cardiac failure.

Candy that has the sugar substitute Xylitol, a sweetener, is toxic to dogs and cats. It's often found in candy, gum, and some baked goods. If your pet ingests it, a drop in blood sugar can occur and cause problems such as seizures and liver failure.

Easter grass and foil candy wrappers are non-digestible and can get caught in the intestines.

We're always tempted to share our holiday feast with our furry kids, but keep it to a minimum, and NO BONES! An overfed pet is not a happy pet, and bones can wreak all sorts of havoc in the intestinal tract.

Keep the curious pets out of the trash can. It's common to have the trash can out while cleaning up after a big party. Be sure that the pets don't have access.

Consider your pet's personalities. Some of our pets get easily stressed and might be happiest not joining the party. Make sure that your pet has a quiet, secure space to hang out away from all of the hub bub.

Don't let a furry friend slip out the door while guests are arriving and departing!